Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Life decisions
The big life decisions suck. I'm one of those people who, no matter what decision I make, I always seem to regret. After being concerned about money for such a long time, I finally landed a job. Now it's day 3 of the new job and I hate it. So what do I do? Quit and look like an idiot, but save me headache and save them time in finding someone new? Stick it out for a reasonable period of time (say 6 months) and then see how I feel? I have no clue. I do know, however, that right now I am terribly unhappy....more so than can be blamed on the expected stress of starting a new job. The place has definately NOT lived up to my expectations. Everyone seems to be in a perpetual bad mood (not the case when I interviewed), no one seems to be friendly...let alone friends, and I feel extremely unwelcome there. Plus the work turns out to be far more dull and far less creative than I was led to believe. So...what would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give it time. You do have a few friends there. Go to them, shut the door, and vent. Let them show you why they stay.

Yes, often people put on their sales persona when interviewing, but I'm sure that after you get to know a few more people in your new group you'll find someone. Start by finding some regular lunch mates.

From someone who has changed jobs a few times, I know it takes time to find "friends". The first few weeks feel like "hey, all these people are freakishly unfriendly" but you'll eventually find a cool crew... just like those you found at your last company.

Stay.
Stick it out.
Find your groove.
It's worth it.
And there's the free cool stuff. Everybody gets one. You don't want to leave before then, right?