Thursday, October 25, 2007

The heartbreak museum

I love Europe.

Check out this exhibition in Berlin.

"The Museum of Broken Relationships asks people in the cities it visits to donate mementos of everything from short flings to painful divorces."

In the report on the BBC website, it asks readers what they would donate to such a museum. Tough call. Having had my heart seriously broken in the past I know the power that objects associated with the ex can hold. And how cathartic it can be to take out your anger and hurt on inanimate objects. I don't think I have much left from that relationship and now that I'm past the hurt and have luckily managed to maintain a precious friendship with my ex, I'd have to say that I have nothing to donate. But right after it happened, I'm sure I could have found some suitable object.

No comments: