Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Official
I'm a freak. I'm a crazy cat lady. I don't have 11 cats at home. I don't have cutesy cat towels or wall hangings. But I am a freak.

Today Husband and I went to the pet store to pick up food for Cipher (The World's Most Amazing Cat, Screw You if You Don't Agree tm) and I also bought three containers of cat treats and two large jars of catnip.

Cipher doesn't like either.

Yeah, they're for the shelter cats. I spent nearly an hour stuffing catnip into baby socks (which I also bought) to make little catnip toys for the kitties. I just love being able to give the kitties treats when I'm there. So even though I don't have enough time to socialize all the cats I'd like to, I'm still able to brighten their day with a bit of a snack or some kitty-drugs. You wouldn't believe how happy it makes them. How they perk up. And for cats that don't get out enough or get nearly enough attention, doing anything to break the monotony is a great thing.

No comments: