Saturday, October 03, 2009

Photo of the day: Great Grandfather

I bought this antique camera years ago. It seems odd to be photographing it with today's modern digital cameras. In its day this old, elegant machine was state-of-the-art. Collapsable, for easy storage. With a sturdy case for traveling. It's a beautiful camera, far more stylish than what I'm using now. My current camera, while lovely and full of tricks is not, it itself, a good subject for a photograph. But back in the day they made things beautiful for the sake of beauty, and it still shows. I doubt 75 years from now someone will pick up my camera and say "wow, this is gorgeous." But they mind find this one man and still marvel at the sophisticated design and elegant black and gold tones. Ah...they don't make 'em that way anymore. Sadly.

No comments: