Friday, October 30, 2009

Plans
There's still time to sign up for National Novel Writing Month, which starts on Sunday. I have a title, Anton Schoeclker Sings German Songs of a Miserable Childhood, and I know it'll be in the humor/parody genre. Beyond that, no clue. Zip. Nada. My brain is as empty as my ice cube trays.

But I'm loving the idea of starting, knowing it's gonna be crap at not caring, and just having fun for a month so that I can honestly say that I've written a book. Husband is doing it as well and we've decided upon conclusion of NaNoWriMo that we're going to Blurb.com and have our works bound. Then we'll give them to each other on Christmas. I can't wait to read what he comes up with.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

What a good idea! Did you see that there's an offer from CreateSpace for free manuscript copies for all winners? Now, it's no Blurb.com, obviously, but still. You could get both. And, you know, give your copy to your mom because she'll *totally* understand it.