Yeah, it's been a while. Bronchitis followed by mono. Trust me to get mono. Here's a quick update:
- We have a rat. Scrabbling in the walls behind our kitchen cabinets. Fun. Cipher (The World's Most Amazing Cat, Screw You if You Don't Agree tm) just noticed today. We've heard it for a week now. We've bought some ratsbane and are keeping our fingers crossed.
- Next week: book group, Husband doing an interview at a San Francisco library and, oh yes, my brother is getting married, I'm performing the ceremony and I haven't written it yet.
- Mom is sometimes OK with her new place. Sometimes not. Eldest sister is freaking out big time and seems to be having a harder time than mom is. We're visiting her and doing our best to help her settle in. The people there are doing a wonderful job of making sure she has plenty of company and things to do. When I went the other day one of the managers was sitting with her doing a puzzle. He left when I arrived and when he saw me leaving later he told one of the aides to go up and make sure she wasn't alone. It's hard seeing her there. It's weird because at home she was just mom but when I go there and see all the old people with walkers it makes me realize how fragile it is. It's only been two weeks but so far it seems to be going as well as can be expected.
- I went to dog training night at the shelter so now I can help at mobile adoptions. I haven't signed up for my first one yet as I have so much going on, but I should be scheduled for one by the end of the month. I'll still be concentrating on cats, but at the adoption events I'll be helping out with both cats and dogs. I can't wait.
- This is perhaps the most boring update I've ever written.