Monday, June 06, 2011

Photo of the day: PIt Pup

Just in case you're sick of cute kittens I give you a cute puppy. This is one of a litter of four pit bull puppies that came in with mom. Each is cuter than the next, but this guy is a total flirt. He and his littermates were having a fine time playing tug of war with a chew toy and hanging out in the sunshine. But he came over immediately when I walked up to the kennel and said hi.

In other odd news we have a particularly annoying bird in our yard. He chirps all night long. Aren't birds supposed to shut up when the sun goes down? OK owls and nightingales get a pass. But this chirpy guy is a mockingbird with a huge repertoire and endless energy. As if it already wasn't hard enough for me to get to sleep I now have to deal with Mr. Chirpy and his endless songbook. Husband and I, both die-hard animal lovers, keep saying "shut up." But no...away he goes. I might find it endearing, at noon. But it's midnight and he's singing away.

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

I sympathize. We once had an endangered woodpecker tap away at the man-made siding on our house (no wonder he was getting extinct!) We finally got ear plugs.

The Calico Quilter said...

I've heard birds at night and wondered why the heck they were awake. The most irritating animal we have to contend with is a chipmunk that sits on our patio and does this earsplitting clicking noise for hours at a time. I'm assuming it's a territorial thing. We call him Mr. Clickety.