Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Spot of Breaking and Entering
Both Husband and I are going through this. Breaking into one project, putting it down and entering into another. In that way, nothing gets done. It's the old cycle of a small number of things pile up which you don't have time to do. By the next week the small pile is bigger and still you have no time. Plus you've started a completely different pile someplace else and have to get to that. And so on and so forth. Until you have piles up to your ears and are paralyzed with fear and indecision as to what to get to first. So you do nothing. And that just makes it worse. And on the pile grows.

Husband and I talked about this tonight, that depressing, discouraging place you get to when the amount of work you have to do sucks the will to work out of you. And, of course in this economy, the haunting bugaboo in the back of the brain "I can't loose this job" only adds to the anxiety, no matter how you might try to write her out of the script.

We're trying a new split-team plan where I pitch in with his work because I have time and he reciprocates by actually taking time to breathe now and then.

In the meantime I ask the universe to be nice to my Husband this week. He needs some cosmic fortune cookie to go his way.

No comments: