Things I Believed When I Was a Kid...
- I thought the word "signed" was actually written on all those notes and letters people read in movies. "See you in two weeks. Signed, John."
- I thought alligator was pronounced "all-a-ga-tor-ay." Must have thought they were Italian.
- I thought there was one really, really long street in California called "Frontage Road."
- I thought that stars hummed and the really twinkly ones were humming the loudest.
- I had a hard time with the concept of the past and aging. So I'd see a handsome photo of Robert Taylor from the 40's and think he was gorgeous had to do be convinced that at that point he was either dead or 80.
- I didn't hear whatever good stuff my parents said about me but I heard loud and clear all the bad.
-I couldn't handle the "L part of my fist name and said my name was"wisa" My siblings would correct me "no it's LLLL-isa! So then I'd say "ULLLLL Weesa" I still get teased about this.