Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally, some good news!
OK, I think I'm in love with my acupuncturist. Yesterday was only my third session with him and he treated me with indirect stimulation. Needles in my hand, arm, head, foot and ankles. The result was the best night's sleep I've had in over a year. When I came home I was completely exhausted and (thank goodness for being unemployed) took a 3-hour nap. Last night I turned into coma girl and slept for nearly 11 hours. No back pain at all!!

This, friends, is huge. My typical night is sleep for an hour, wake up in terrible pain, be awake for 2 hours trying to work out the pain. Sleep for another hour, repeat. Last night I woke up a few times but not because of the pain and I was able to go right back to sleep. The last time I slept this well I was recovering from surgery.

Obviously it's too soon to call this a total success, but even for one night's relief I am incredibly grateful and, for the first time in recent memory, incredibly rested.

1 comment:

mama d said...

[insert pins-and-needles joke here]