Friday, December 05, 2008


Cat of the Week: Tiger
Because each time I'm at the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA I meet yet another amazing cat that just steals my heart, I've decided to start a Cat of the Week feature here at Myth-Taken.

My first COTW is Tiger. He's a handsome 8-year old tabby (a vintage cat) who will sit in your lap until those metaphorical cows come home. He even has his own video. Tiger is living in a kitty condo with 8 other cats and when I walked in and sat down he immediately claimed my lap as his sovereign territory. He sat there, purring happily away, for 20 minutes while the other cats made do with random pets and scratches behind the ear. My lap was his.

Tiger was such a love that I went back into the condo at the end of my shift and exactly the same thing happened. I sat down, he curled up, and we stayed that way for about 10 minutes. It was actually painful to push him off and leave.

If you want a gentle, affectionate animal -- and the ultimate lap cat -- this charmer is your boy. We have unfortunately already ascertained that Cipher (The World's Most Amazing Cat, Screw You if You Don't Agree tm) is a one-cat only pet. Otherwise I honestly think Tiger would have come home with me this afternoon. He is beautiful, sweet, loving and (amazingly!) available.

To find out more visit the PHS website at peninsulahumanesociety.org. Tiger's ID number is A436762.

Somebody PLEASE give this guy a home. He's a total love bug.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

I think this COTW feature is a great idea. And I'll just go ahead and forward this to my mom. Who needs a cozy lap kitty in the worst way...