Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Eavesdropping

Overheard at the shelter
Woman to man: What kind of cat is that?
Man: Cats don't have kinds, they're just cats.
Woman: What about Persians and Siamese?
Man: They're just nationalities, not kinds.

.....
Overheard at the grocery store
Woman to man: How about chicken?
Man: I think they're vegetarians.
Woman: OK, how about chicken with rice?

.....
Overheard at the shelter 2
One man to another (looking at cats): I still think we should get mom a big-screen TV.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

I love your eavesdropping bit here. Gives me a chance to share some laughs, too. Because, I am definitely laughing at the vegetarian that requires rice with her chicken ;)

During Pilates class today:
Man I don't know yet: Anyone want to get sushi after this?

Woman I don't know yet: Meh. I'm waiting until the new place goes in. I don't like the boat sushi.

Man I don't know yet: It's the same sushi - they just serve it on boats instead of plates.

Woman I don't know yet: Sushi tastes different when it's from a boat.

I don't think I ever want to know these people by name.