Saturday, May 09, 2009

Goodness
Husband and I had dinner tonight with friends. And it reminded me how there are few things in life as nice as dinner with friends. Since my family and I get along like a bunch of kittens in a pillowcase, my friends are the ones I consider family. Tonight involved delicious food, fun conversation, two adorable cats, one adorable dog, and a great deal of laughter. It did not involve taxes, bills, stress, deadlines, politics, or anything negative. Instead there was yummy pork, a crisp salad full of fresh veggies, killer brownies, and beer. Plus some music and a lot of plain old can't-get-enough-of-it conversation.

Thanks to Elke, our charming and gracious hostess. And to Finny and Bubba for the laughs. (And to Jada, Willow, and Tara for the licks and the cuddling.)

Tomorrow I'll be cooking dinner for the Mom. It should be suitably stressful.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

It's always great to hang out with you two - never a dull or stressful moment.

Unless you consider the awkward Cat Chases Dog scene stressful for the dog.

So strange, these creatures...