Wednesday, June 15, 2005

2, Two, Too!
Today marks our 2nd anniversary as married people. Two years ago today my sweetie and I, and two of our dearest friends, went to an incredibly tacky wedding chapel in Lake Tahoe and got married under the watchful gaze of about a dozen plastic garden animals. The ceremony was followed by the traditional post-wedding margaritas and a trek to the top of Heavenly Mountain.

I never thought I'd get married once, let alone twice. And after the first time, I said "never again." But you see...I met this guy. And I have to admit, he's pretty damned wonderful. In addition to being brilliant and talented, sweet and funny, generous and kind, and altogether great, he's also persistent. And patient. And braver than hell for wanting to take me on.

I don't know how I got so lucky.

No comments: