Sunday, December 28, 2008

Me and the blues
So yesterday was the 2008 KZSU 24-hour blues marathon. Of which I did 9 hours. Solo.

I did the 3am-6am slot early Saturday morning and then went back at 6 pm and closed us out until midnight. From 6-midnight I played a record (for me) 71 songs. Have I mentioned how much I love the blues? For me it's all about the deep down, low down type of music. No soul. No R&B. No borderline rock. It's the back porch, life sucks, i'm miserable kind of music that means the blues to me. I love the classic crew: Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy Waters, BB King, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson -- that crowd. But I covered from the 30's up until releases that came out two months ago. And it was, if I do say so myself, kick-ass fabulous.

And today.....I'm pooped.

No comments: